The Asia – Pacific Research Center of Wroclaw University of Economics and Business invites you to
The 11th Asia-Pacific International Conference:
Asia-Pacific Region and the EU. Partners or Competitors?
November 9, 2022
09:00 – 09:20 (CET) Opening speech by prof. dr. hab. Andrzej Kaleta, Rector of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business
09:30 – 11:00 (CET) The Asia-Pacific Region and the EU. The role of cooperation and fields of competition in the changing global economy. Plenary session with speeches by special guests (ambassadors, representatives of public institutions and business representatives) streamed from the conference studio (hybrid mode: participants on-site + online).
11:30 – 13:00 (CET) the first academic session with the participants’ presentations (hybrid mode: participants on-site + online).
13:30 – 15:00 (CET) the second academic session with the participants’ presentations (hybrid mode: participants on-site + online).
15:30 – 16:30 (CET) The dimensions of partnership and rivalship between the European Union and the Asia-Pacific Region. Moderated panel discussion from the conference studio with the participation of representatives of partner foreign universities (hybrid mode: participants on-site + online).
The presented program proposal is the starting plan for the Polish time. The final program will be adjusted as far as possible to the time zones of registered conference participants connecting online.
Proposals of thematic areas for conference participants submitting their papers:
- Regional trade relations and agreements between the EU and the Asia-Pacific countries in the post pandemic & post-war reality and beyond.
- Contemporary directions, forms, and origins of foreign direct investments (FDI).
- Areas of political, social, and economic cooperation and competition between selected EU and Asia-Pacific economies.
- Disruption and reconfiguration of Global Value and Supply Chains in the changing global economy.
- Recent geopolitical and economic threats to the stability of the EU and Asia-Pacific region.
- Doing Business in the Asia Pacific Region from the perspective of the EU companies – challenges, barriers, and opportunities.